Functional -NPS 4- Biological Attack (Plague) Exercise
In July 2004-The Homeland Security Council (HSC) – in partnership with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the federal interagency, and state and local homeland security agencies – developed and published fifteen all-hazards planning scenarios for use in national, federal, state, and local homeland security preparedness activities.
These scenarios are designed to be the foundational structure for the development of national preparedness standards from which homeland security capabilities can be measured. While these scenarios reflect a rigorous analytical effort by federal, state, and local homeland security experts, it is recognized that refinement and revision over time may be necessary to ensure the scenarios remain accurate, represent the evolving all-hazards threat picture, and embody the capabilities necessary to respond to domestic incidents.
In 2011, after the approval of The Blue Cell, LLC's Advanced Planning Concepts: Developing Incident Action Plans course for acceptance in the DHS State and Local Catalog a number of the 15 National Planning Scenarios were created in support of the day two functional exercise in the course.
In this scenario, members of the Universal Adversary (UA) release pneumonic plague into three main areas of the jurisdiction in the public bathrooms .
You get two versions of the Scenario. Find the one that best suits your needs.
- Full Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP): A consistent, editable full set of templates to include pre-developed Objectives, Capabilities, Evaluation Guides for full tabletop exercise
- Full HSEEP version of the scenario template set based in our Chelsea County USA online simulation environment
- And Instructions for conducting a virtual functional delivery
All of the HSEEP required paperwork for a drill exercise is pre-assembled and able to be edited.
* Exercise Plan * Extent of Play Agreement
* Additional Support Documents * Participant Feedback Forms
* Controller / Evaluator Handbook * Master Scenario Event List
* Exercise Evaluation Guides and After Action- Improvement Plan Template
The scenario disk has hundreds of electronic files to support your drill including custom forms and all plans, informational sheets, and maps for Chelsea County USA version of the scenario. Sound overwhelming? We provide 30 minutes of on-the-phone consultation ( after purchase) to help you get started with a member of the TTX Vault Design Team.
This concept and product was designed to keep in mind how valuable time is to organizational leaders, emergency managers, and public safety professionals. TTX Vault scenarios give you a jump start on the tedious process of exercise assembly and quickly get the discussion underway to keep your people, customers, constituents, and students safe. Additional files provided include ICS forms and custom-built ICS document products from The Blue Cell, LLC.